EMBL Job Opportunities – Librarian (maternity cover)
|4, 5 or 6; depending on qualification and experience
|3 March 2019
We are looking for a Librarian to support the EMBL Szilard Library team in providing excellent services to the scientific community and the administrative staff of EMBL. The Librarian will be responsible for managing essential Library services and will report to the Senior Librarian.
- Assist users and deal with inquiries.
- Promote the library collection and services; develop and deliver library induction and training sessions (reference managers, literature DBs), etc.
- Support and promote the institutional Open Access Policy.
- Publication management and metadata curation (CRIS).
- Liaise with admin and scientific staff, external bodies and suppliers.
- Assist in other library related tasks as appointed.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Library and Information science and/ or min. two years of experience in libraries or related environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and to stick to fixed time schedules;
- The ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Excellent knowledge of and user proficiency in MS Office and Internet;
- Strong customer orientation to provide a quality service for staff at all levels in the organisation;
- Working knowledge of English is necessary. Working knowledge of German will be considered an advantage.
You might also have
- IT skills will be considered an advantage.
Why join us
What else do I need to know
As part of EMBL’s mission, our Administration Unit provides support to all personnel members across six sites in order to promote molecular biology across Europe, and to create a centre of excellence for leading young molecular biologists. Administrative positions are connected to but not dependent on scientific work and knowledge. Thus, we aim to establish a dynamic and collaborative working environment across the whole of EMBL to uncover the most of our employees’ potential.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.