EBLIDA Vacancy Notice: Project Officer
The European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations is an independent umbrella association of library, information, documentation and archive associations and institutions in Europe. It is the community hub of libraries in Europe. With its 130+ members covering more than 30 countries, EBLIDA is striving towards an equitable, democratic and sustainable society.
For its activities revolving around sustainable development in libraries, e-lending and library legislation as well as assistance to members, EBLIDA is seeking to recruit a part time position of Project Officer (PO, 0,6 FTE, possibly evolving into a full time position as long as EU-funded projects are approved). The contract is valid for one year and will be renewed in response to business needs and demands. Secondments from institutions of EBLIDA Member States are highly encouraged.
Qualified and eligible individuals interested in applying for this position may submit an application to the EBLIDA Secretariat by no later than 16th January 2023. Interviews will take place online in the first week of February 2023. Starting date will be in consultation with the successful candidate.
Please send an e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
EBLIDA encourages homeworking, however occasional meetings will require presence in The Hague, Brussels, or elsewhere in Europe.
Gross salary : € 24,000 / year (based on 60% FTE).
Essential Job Tasks
The Project Officer will help EBLIDA Staff in executing operational and administrative tasks. (S)he will perform the following:
- Assist in project implementation through the organisation of meetings, conferences, workshops and any other EBLIDA gathering;
- Edit EBLIDA publications, including surveys, articles for the Newsletter, reports, videos, clips and other forms of publications, also revising documents drafted by non-native English;
- Proofread/draft documents and feed/maintain the EBLIDA website with documents, videos, interviews and other communication products on a regular basis, also writing short articles for publications;
- Ensure effective communication with consultants, researchers and other experts by preparing mails, invites and liaise with them;
- Provide members and other EBLIDA stakeholders with product/service information on enquiry and stay on track with documents, events and appointments meeting deadlines and keep record of them;
- Draft minutes of the meetings and prepare status reports to be distributed at institutional events and/or at meetings with EBLIDA partners and associates;
- Create materials for project presentation made by the EBLIDA President or Director;
- Hosting of the EBLIDA online meetings including invitations, schedule, set-up, technical brief to participants, download & sharing videos and presentations.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent command of the English language in writing and speaking;
- Highly organised in time and in resources;
- Management of progress reports, timetables, and financial budgets;
- Library experience or experience of working with libraries;
- Project management, in particular of EU-funded projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 skills;
- Master of social Media: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
- Practice in managing functions related to online communication platforms such as Zoom, Teams as well as management platforms, Doodle, SurveyMonkey and similar.
The EBLIDA Project Officer will report to the Director and liaise with the EBLIDA Communication Officer and the EBLIDA Administrative Officer.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor / Master Degree. Excellent drafting skills are a pre- requirement; a knowledge of the library environment would be an asset.
16th January 2023