Department of Library and Information Center
The University of Nicosia (and its affiliated institutions) is the largest research University in southern Europe that teaches primarily in English. It offers over 100 Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral programs, both at its home campus in Nicosia, Cyprus and through its distance learning programs offered throughout the world to over 14,000 students.
Job Summary and Duties
The University of Nicosia Library and Information Center seeks for a Research Liaison Librarian to provide support with the university’s Current Research Information System (CRIS) and any other Research and Library activities. This person will report directly to the Director of Libraries.
We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, where expectations are high both for the quality and efficiency. This individual will need good customer-orientated skills and have excellent communication skills both in Greek and English.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the first point of contact for all faculty members for assisting with the development and management of their research profile, on the visibility of faculty’s publication, and provide training on the various resources and tools related to publishing their work.
- Work with the Director of Libraries and Repository Manager to develop institutional repository processes.
- Liaises in the development of various policies related to the library and research, open access, copyright issues and other related matters.
- Ensure that open access policies and procedures are implemented, and updated, as necessary, in accordance with the European and Cyprus policies.
- Promote use of library to the public to ensure that the library is a vital and active center of learning for all.
- Perform other duties compatible with employment as directed by the Director of Libraries.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Library Science
- Relevant Experience will be considered an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience using judgment and initiative to analyze and recommend new procedures.
- Tactful, customer service-oriented and professional
- Pleasant personality with strong organizational & communicative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Greek
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with UNIC colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide
Applications will be accepted until Friday the 20th of October, 2017 via our online recruitment system: http://vacancies.unic.
Shortlisted Candidates will be notified only.
Director of Libraries