Θέση Εργασίας: LIBRARIAN AT ONASSIS COLLECTION IN ΑΘΉΝΑ AT ONASSIS GROUP
Onassis Foundation is in search for a highly motivated professional to fill a position as a Librarian. Onassis Library is a special historical library created in 2009 by the Onassis Foundation and is housed in a neoclassical building in the area of Plaka at 56, Amalias Avenue, Athens, Greece. It accumulates important collections of old, rare editions, archives, artworks and documents (incunabula, historical maps, atlases, travel books, geographical editions) as well as two archives: the Cavafy Archive, and the Aristotle Onassis Business Archive. All the above book and archive collections have been digitized and are freely available online to the public (www.onassislibrary.gr, https://cavafy.onassis.org/).
The position is multi-faceted and the main responsibilities are to:
- Manage the data bases, repositories and collection management systems as well.
- Curate and maintain the condition of the physical collection
- Research and propose new book acquisitions
- Develop networking with relevant national and international institutions and organisations
- Ability to investigate problems and devise solutions.
- Responsiveness to changing demands.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrable time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Competitive remuneration and Medical Insurance Program
- Continuous on the job training opportunities
- Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative working environments in Greece
Eligible candidates should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Library, Archive, Information Science or Literature
- A Master’s degree in Book Collection Management
- Wide ranging cultural experience in literature and the arts
- At least 5-7 years of actual full-time experience as a librarian
- An in-depth knowledge of old books and archives
- Excellent knowledge of library automated systems and ICT skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English languages. Knowledge of any other foreign language will be considered a plus
- Experience in using the Museum Plus software and knowledge of ERP SAP R/3 will be considered strong assets
Περισσότερες πληροφορίες εδώ