You will find below news from the Copyright world.
If you have additional information or articles that might be of interest, please feel free to share!
International: Authors to earn royalties on secondhand books for the first time: here
United-States: Copyright Case: Bitmanagement Software GmBH v. U.S.
- Long walk to Copyright Reform (here)
- Scholarly horizons – a new resource for all things copyright and more
- Eurovision website made by COMMUNIA to monitor the implementation of the EU-DSM: https://eurovision.communia-association.org/
- EUIPO launched the platform for Out of Commerce Works in Europe: https://euipo.europa.eu/out-of-commerce/#/
- Implementation of the European Directive on the DSM: Member States go into extra time: https://www.ifla.org/node/93942
- European Commission Betrays Internet Users By Cravenly Introducing Huge Loophole for Copyright Compagnies in Upload Filter Guidance: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210607/07505646947/european-commission-betrays-internet-users-cravenly-introducing-huge-loophole-copyright-companies-upload-filter-guidance.shtml
- And here by Julia Reda: http://copyrightblog.kluweriplaw.com/2021/06/04/european-commission-back-tracks-on-user-rights-in-article-17-guidance/
- And here by Eleonora Rosati: https://ipkitten.blogspot.com/2021/06/commission-unveils-article-17-guidance.html