Department of Library and Information Center
The University of Nicosia (and its affiliated institutions) is the largest research University in southern Europe that teaches primarily in English. It offers over 100 Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral programs, both at its home campus in Nicosia, Cyprus and through its distance learning programs offered throughout the world to over 11,000 students.
Job Summary and Duties
The University of Nicosia Library and Information Center seeks for a Circulation Librarian to provide support with the Circulation Desk at the main university library. This person will report directly to the Director of Libraries.
We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, where expectations are high both for the quality and efficiency. This individual will need good customer-orientated skills and have excellent communication skills both in Greek and English.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the general supervision of the Director of Libraries within general procedural and policy guidelines.
- Performs circulation desk procedures, works for the smooth running of the Circulation Desk and Distance Learning Desk.
- Assists library patrons in the use of library services, facilities, and equipment; interprets library policies for patrons.
- Provide hands-on training for library users
- Create and update informative leaflets on library policies and procedures
- Provide technical support for off campus access and access to all e-resources
- Collaborate with libraries who are members of the Library Union and other University of Nicosia campus libraries
- Organize and participate in library events and visits from schools
- Promote use of library to the public to ensure that the library is a vital and active center of learning for all.
- Perform other duties compatible with employment as directed by the Director of Libraries.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Library Science and /or appropriate qualifications or experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated experience using judgment and initiative to analyze and recommend new procedures.
Tactful, customer service-oriented and professional
Pleasant personality with strong organizational & communicative skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Greek
Ability to adapt and work creatively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with UNIC colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday 1st of November, 2017 via our online recruitment system: http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ .
Only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.