Would you like to play a key role in setting the European research library agenda?
LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche/Association of European Research Libraries) represents over 400 member institutions and organisations from more than forty countries and is the principal association of European research libraries. LIBER has an exciting and dynamic future programme. Its current strategic goals are in the areas of scholarly communication and research infrastructures, reshaping research libraries to meet future needs, advocacy and communications, library management, and the development of services and facilities for European researchers.
LIBER wishes to recruit a full-time Executive Director who will drive forward its strategic goals and future development. This challenging and rewarding role offers
- a unique opportunity to work with European research libraries and library organisations in forging closer co-operation at a pan-European level
- a position at the forefront of research library developments in Europe, with scope to influence and contribute to these developments
- an opportunity for close involvement in making the case for research libraries’ needs to the European Commission and its Directorates-General
- extensive scope for project management in successfully delivering LIBER projects and activities
- active involvement in advancing co-operation with LIBER’s key partners and, more widely, with research library organisations in North America and other continents.
The post of Executive Director is based in The Hague, in the National Library of the Netherlands, one of Europe’s leading national libraries. The salary will be on Scale 12: minimum € 3,925.00 to maximum € 5,048.00 gross per month full-time, plus allowances.
Informal enquiries may be made to the President of LIBER, Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen (email@example.com or +358 50 5523 056). Completed applications should be sent by 7 October 2014 to:
Dr Ann Matheson
Applications should be sent by email.
Please mark the email: LIBER RECRUITMENT
The closing date for applications is 7 October 2014.